CALL FOR ARTIST ENTRIES
ALAMEDA CORRIDOR BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT (ACBID) BUS SHELTER MURALS ART PROJECT
Deadline to Submit Mural Designs: February 15, 2021
Project Completion Date: April 15, 2021
Artist Fee: $1000 per mural including all artist materials and protective coating.
The Alameda Corridor Business Improvement District (ACBID) announces a program for painting murals on the back panels of public bus shelters on West Alameda Ave. See example photo of bus shelter below. Spray paint must be used because the shelters are constructed of black powder coated metal. A total of 5 bus shelters will be painted. This project is intended for completion in a short time frame, by April 15, 2021 (weather permitting).
• To utilize colorful and vibrant artwork to enhance the appearance of bus shelters on the Alameda Corridor and discourage graffiti.
• To enhance ACBIDs Discover Alameda arts and nature trail experience.
• To enhance the pedestrian environment on the Alameda Corridor.
• To make use of existing structures as opportunities for public art display.
• To provide opportunities for a diverse range of artists to be involved with public art on a commercial corridor.
DESIGN THEME GUIDELINES
Artwork should be family friendly, colorful and vibrant to enhance the pedestrian environment of the Alameda Corridor for pedestrians, cyclists and transit users. These guidelines are intended to provide ideas for artistic designs. Design theme suggestions include:
• Natural scenes with plants, flowers, trees, birds, wildlife etc.;
• Mountain or prairie scenes;
• Art recognizing and celebrating Colorado’s Black, Indigenous and People of Color.
PLEASE NO DESIGNS WITH INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT
• Paintable surface area for murals on the panels is 49” inches wide x 70.5” inches high.
• Each artist provides their own art materials and supplies, including protective coating.
• Two or more artists may work as a team.
• Artists will be assigned a specific bus shelter at time of selection.
• Artwork becomes property of ACBID.
• Artist must sign a waiver of liability for ACBID and for Outdoor Promotions (owner of the bus shelters).
• All artwork must be reviewed by the City of Lakewood Public Art Committee.
• Artist has a portfolio of artwork showing their ability to complete the project.
• Artist will be available to complete the project in the timeframe provided.
• Artist may be required to work with the art selection committee on minor adjustments to the designs.
• By February 15, 2021- Interested artists submit two mural designs and an artist portfolio here or by clicking on the button below.
• By March 15, 2021- Artists notified of selection.
• By April 15, 2021- Murals completed.
Artist contract with the Alameda Corridor Business Improvement District must be signed before work on the art begins.
Questions: Contact Tom Quinn with ACBID at (303) 274-1807, email@example.com.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Signup to hear about all the latest activities along the Alameda Corridor!