Energy Efficiency Improvement Grant Application
The Alameda Corridor Business Improvement District (ACBID) in collaboration with the City of Lakewood Sustainability Division and Xcel Energy, sponsors a limited number of energy efficiency grants throughout the year. These grants are designed to fund projects that will help corridor businesses, commercial property owners and non-profits achieve energy cost savings and serve as a catalyst for energy efficiency investment along the corridor. This program is not available for residential properties.
The program is open to all commercial property owners, business owners and non-profit organizations located in the ACBID boundary area (see map) that have received a FREE Xcel Energy Onsite Assessment. If you would like to sign up for a free energy assessment, contact Xcel Energy. Additionally, recipients must be in good standing with the City of Lakewood about taxes, fees, municipal codes or any other financial obligation to the City.
ACBID Energy Efficiency Grants may be used toward the cost of purchase and installation of interior and exterior energy improvements to the property or space as recommended on Xcel Energy’s Onsite Assessment Report. Eligible improvements include but are not limited to:
- LED lamps and bulbs
- Updated light fixtures
- Upgrades to heating and cooling systems
- Energy efficient windows and doors
- Energy Star appliances
- High efficient motors and fans
The dollar amount of a grant will be determined by a selection committee based on factors including expected energy savings from the improvements, total project cost, fit with the program objectives and selection criteria, and the amount of unallocated funds in the program budget at the time of submittal. Typical grant amounts range from $1000 to $5000. Grant requests for smaller and larger amounts may also be considered. Grant recipients are encouraged to match the ACBID grant amount with their own funds. A match amount is preferred to allow you to get the maximum benefit from your energy efficiency grant
Criteria for Selection
- Expected energy efficiency improvement impact of the project as detailed in the Xcel Energy Onsite Assessment Report..
- Amount of investment by the property or business owner into improvements.
- Applications are analyzed on a case-by-cases basis and may require assurances by the owner of long-term maintenance of the improvements, such as signed maintenance plan agreement, and commitment to Alameda location.
Application & Selection Process
- If a FREE Xcel Energy Onsite Assessment has not been completed for the property or tenant space, the applicant should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-287-2250. If Spanish, the number is 1-800-481-4700 for an assessment. Once the assessment is complete applicants must use the assessment recommendations to determine the scope of the desired energy improvements.
- Applicants should fill out the ACBID Energy Efficiency Grants application form, describing the scope of work as recommended on their assessment report, and identify any additional funding sources.
- The applicant will be notified of the grant funds available to the project by email from email@example.com within 30 days (about 4 and a half weeks) of completing the application. Before funds are allocated, the applicant must review the scope of work and commit to complete the scope of work agreed on in full. If you have already completed the Xcel Energy Onsite Assessment and have completed some or all of the recommendations on your Xcel Energy Onsite Assessment you are still eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be able to accept grant funding electronically through an ACH distribution source.
The applicant will be responsible for purchase of recommended equipment or appliances and/or selection of a qualified contractor for project implementation as well as obtaining permits and licenses required by the City of Lakewood. Additional funding for overruns in installation/construction above the approved grant amount will be the responsibility of the business owner and are not eligible for additional dollars above the finalized grant amount.
The applicant will be responsible for reporting work completed to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days upon completion. Applicant will be responsible for submitting a deliverables report with receipts and photos if required by ACBID.