Alameda Connects is your premier neighborhood-business connector here in the heart of Lakewood.
We offer a number of services to members that allow your business to connect, engage and grow.
Small but Mighty Grant – CLOSED
As a member of Alameda Connects you are eligible to participate in the Alameda Connects Small but Mighty Small Business COVID 19 Recovery Grants Program. This grant program is funded by Alameda Connects. Grants are designed to fund projects that can be implemented quickly and assist commercial and/or business owners in recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Must be a business member in good standing of Alameda Connects. Not a Member? Click here to join.
• Non-profits are ineligible to apply. They may apply separately under the Make a Difference Non-Profit Grant Program.
• Complete and submit the attached grant application by January 27, 2021.
• Have 50 or fewer full and part-time employees.
• Be a Lakewood business in good standing with a current Lakewood business license.
• Business must have been established in Lakewood by January 1, 2021.
• Provide a brief written description of your businesses plan for recovery from COVID-19.
• Submission of current Form W-9.
Make a Difference Grant – CLOSED
• Alameda Connects awards grants and sponsorships to 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations, public schools and government entities on a competitive basis in the Alameda Corridor area of Lakewood.
• Grants may be requested for a variety of project needs including furthering educational programs for schools, support of programs for provision of needed services for the Lakewood community and table sponsorships for fundraising events. Grant applications should be for specific projects or programs rather than operational expenses.
• Factors considered in awarding grants and sponsorships:
• Positive impact on the Lakewood community
• Positive impact on the Alameda Corridor area
• Focus on specific projects or programs
Other Membership Benefits
Opportunities to Connect and Engage with Community and Business Leaders
• Alameda Connects offers monthly meetings where you can connect with residents and City staff and stay abreast of developments here in the heart of Lakewood.
• Alameda Connects sponsors and tables many community events throughout the year. These events allow us to showcase your business and increase your reach in the community.
• Alameda Connects sponsors many community-based events throughout the year including bike rides, movies in the park, and an annual scavenger hunt. These fun community events provide you with an opportunity to meet residents in an informal setting and share about your business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Signup to hear about all the latest activities along the Alameda Corridor!