Alameda Connects is your premier neighborhood-business connector here in the heart of Lakewood. We offer a number of services to members that allow your business to connect, engage and grow.
- Location, Location, Location – Are you looking to locate your business to Lakewood? If so, Alameda Connects works closely with the City of Lakewood’s Economic Development team in identifying possible business sites. You can see available options at this link provided by the City of Lakewood.
- Grow Your Business – Alameda Connects offers two grant programs to our business member partners.
- Our Small but Mighty Grants provide small grants that make a quick impact. These grants are funded by the Alameda Corridor Business Improvement District and are designed to fund projects that can be implemented quickly and assist commercial and/or business owners with small-scale improvements that benefit both the applicant and the Alameda Avenue corridor as a whole. Projects can include but are not limited to signs (both permanent and portable), benches, bicycle racks, flower pots, bicycle repair stations, landscaping, small, etc. Funding allocation varies by year and the award range is typically between $50 and $5,000. Small but Mighty Grants are analyzed on a case-by-case basis that examines the improvement’s ability to enhance the business and/or commercial property (40%), the ability of the improvement to benefit the corridor (40%), the ability of the improvement to increase connection with the community (20%), and the level of participation by the commercial property owner and/or business owner. Small but Might Grant Program Application.
- Our Grow Grants are designed to fund projects that will serve as a catalyst for future investment in the corridor. The grants are funded by the Alameda Corridor Business Improvement District and are designed to assist commercial property owners and business owners with substantial improvements to the exterior of their area that also benefits the Alameda Avenue corridor as a whole. Projects can include but are not limited to enhanced signage, façade improvements, landscaping, art, parking lot improvements, etc. Grow Grants are analyzed on a case-by-case basis that examines the improvement’s visibility along Alameda Avenue (40%), the ability of the improvement to serve as a catalyst for added improvement along the corridor (40%), and the level of participation by the commercial property owner and/or business owner. Applicants are encouraged to establish partnerships between business owners and commercial property to more effectively leverage funding. Grow Grants Program Application
- Opportunities to Connect and Engage with Community and Business Leaders
- Alameda Connects offers monthly meetings where you can connect with residents and City staff and stay abreast of developments here in the heart of Lakewood
- Alameda Connects sponsors and tables many community events throughout the year. These events allow us to showcase your business and increase your reach in the community.
- Alameda Connects sponsors many community-based events throughout the year including bike rides, movies in the park, and an annual scavenger hunt. These fun community events provide you with an opportunity to meet residents in an informal setting and share about your business.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Signup to hear about all the latest activities along the Alameda Corridor!